This recipe consisting of a delicious roasted lamb will surely impress your relatives & guests and will be a proof beyond reasonable doubt of your cooking expertise.
1 x 2kg shoulder of lamb
1 glass of wine
1 bulb of garlic
A jar of Manjares de la Tierra truffle in brandy
Salt and black pepper
- Creamed potatoes
1 1/2 kg gold potatoes, peeled and quartered length-wise
1/2 teaspoon of salt
4 Tbsp heavy cream
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp whole milk
2 Black Truffles (Tuber Melanosporum)
1 jar of Manjares de la Tierra truffle juice
Salt and Pepper
Roast Shoulder of Lamb with Black Truffle (Tuber Melanosporum)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lay half the sprigs of rosemary and half the garlic cloves on the bottom of a high-sided roasting tray, rub the lamb all over with olive oil, wine and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place it in the tray on top of the rosemary and garlic, and put the rest of the rosemary and garlic on top of the lamb. Tightly cover the tray with tinfoil and place in the oven. Turn the oven down immediately to 170°C/325°F and cook for 4 hours – it’s done if you can pull the meat apart easily.
4. Add the brandy truffle at the last minute and serve
1 Put the potatoes into a saucepan. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add water until potatoes are covered. Bring to boiling point, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until done..
2. Melt the butter saute the sliced onion, add the cream whisking,
3. Put hot potatoes into a bowl. Use potato masher to mash potatoes until well mashed. Use a strong spoon to beat further, adding the truffle juice with the cream and stir.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Manjares de la Tierra wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2012