With a Black Truffle (Tuber Melanosporum) slicer, you make any meal pure magic. Put sliced truffles in Macaronis & Cheese, and you have a great culinary experience.
- Melt the butter and saute the sliced onion, then whisk in the flour, stirring for several minutes. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly. Bring the sauce to a simmer while whisking regularly so it does not stick. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions until al dente and drain.
- When the sauce is ready, remove it from the heat and stir in the cheese, 2 Tablespoon of truffle oil, add sliced Black Truffle and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the macaroni to the sauce and stir over medium-low heat for a couple minutes. Bake for about 15 minutes and then broil for two minutes until cheese are golden brown. Lightly drizzle with black truffle oil.
- 1 jar of Manjares de la Tierra truffle in its own juice.
- 15 oz (5 C) dry elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons of Truffle oil
- 1 oz purpose flour
- 1 Litre of milk
- Sliced onion
- 6 oz (2 C) shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 C (1/2 stick) butter
- Salt & pepper
This Black truffle macaroni and cheese recipe is perfect for a special occasion. Enjoy!!